Monday 26 July 2010

Menomena - Mines (2010)


 I've heard their name mentioned plenty of times, seen there album while flicking through racks in record stores and have always meant to listen to Menomena, but for some reason I just never got round to it. I haven't even listened to this album (which was released today) in its entirety yet, but from the few songs I've listened to that are floating around I think things might be about to change. The album is up on NPR in its entirety too, which makes things easier (see below!) The first track I heard was 'Intil', with it's bleak lyrics and  haunting piano melody and then I took a listen to the epic TAOS and knew I had to hear more... Oh and, as mentioned on Pitchfork, the drums really do sound pretty incredible!


(via Stereogum)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails