Monday 25 January 2010

Wu-Tang vs The Beatles - Enter the Magical Mystery Chambers



 The Wu-Tang Clan were probably one of my earliest obsessions in music and the biggest reason I got into hip-hop and I still follow everything Wu related. The Beatles are also one of the first bands I ever heard and some of my earliest memories are of my Dad listening to The Beatles, so when I came across this combination I couldn't help but be just a little excited! What I didn't realise at first was that The Beatles' original recordings aren't really used here (with the exception of 2 or 3 tracks). Instead cover songs of The Beatles' work are used and spliced with elements from the Wu-Tang's discography (including some solo work). For example, ODBs 'Got Your Money' uses The Beatles' 'You Never Give Me Your Money', whilst 'Daytona 500' by Ghostface uses Roy Redmond's 'Good Day Sunshine'. This actually makes the album even better, as I haven't heard half of the cover versions used and it must have allowed the producer a little more creative freedom in achieving the sound he wanted.The skits are also pretty damn clever and there's a hilarious one where ODB sings along with 'Love Me Do'! All this combined leads to a very entertaining listen and is definitely something I'll be coming back to over the coming year!




I downloaded it from http://blowinupda.blogspot.com/2010/01/wu-tang-vs-beatles-enter-magical.html, where there are a couple of Rapidshare links down at the bottom of the page.

For those of you who just want a taster, the whole album is up on You Tube too:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails