Sunday 24 January 2010

Kevin Coyne Reissues & New 4CD Anthology



EMI last week released a 4CD Kevin Coyne Anthology and a 2CD remastered version of 1973s 'Majorly Razorblade' and also released remastered, download only versions of 4 other albums. I have only ever heard 'Majorly Razorblade' before and think it is a forgotten gem that deserves more attention. 'I Want My Crown: The Anthology' is full of rarities and unreleased material (b-sides, outtakes, live performances and BBC sessions) and I can't wait to give it a listen! It's on Spotify along with Kevin's other albums (although the remastered 'Majorly Razorblade' isn't on there yet). I came across a really great performance of 'Marlene' on You Tube and it captures Kevin at his weird best!




Kevin Coyne - I Want My Crown: The Anthology 1973-1980 (Spotify link)

Kevin Coyne - Majorly Razorblade (Spotify link) 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails