Tuesday 2 November 2010

LISTEN: Bruce Springsteen - The Promise


Before I met Ida (my fiancee), I had never really given Bruce the time of day, but during our first year together it was clear that whether I liked it or not I was going to hear him anyway. In the UK, Bruce is always seen as Dad rock and very few of my friends (read 'none') ever really listened to him, but here in Sweden he seems just as popular with the 20-something audience as with the Dads. 'Nebraska' was probably the first album to really grab my attention, and although it is probably the least 'Bruce' sounding album, it was the album that lead me to fall in love with 'Born to Run' and 'Darkness on the Edge of Town.' Following the release of 'Born to Run', Bruce apparently recorded some 70+ songs before finally releasing what would be 'Darkness' and on the 16th November he'll release 'The Promise: The Lost Sessions: Darkness on the Edge of Town,' a double disc album featuring selections from this group of 70+ songs. Leading up to the albums release, you can listen to a selection of songs over on NPR. And now four years into our relationship, I must admit, I'm as excited as Ida to get my hands on this! Be sure to check out the deluxe set, featuring 3CDs and 3DVDs here.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails