Saturday 2 October 2010

LISTEN: Grateful Dead Live at Roosevelt Stadium on August 1st, 1973




 Phil's Announcements, Promised Land, Sugaree, The Race is On, You Ain't Woman Enough, Bird Song, Mexicali Blues, They Love Each Other, Jack Straw, Stella Blue, Big River, Casey Jones Around & Around, Mississippi Half Step, Me & My Uncle, Row Jimmy, Dark Star-> El Paso-> Eyes Of The World-> Morning Dew, Sugar Magnolia; E: Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad > One More Saturday Night

Press the skip button to go to the next song or go to archive.org to listen to it in full without having to do so!




"I looked up this show because out of over 100 shows I saw it was one I will always remember as though it was yesterday. For those of you who rate it highly, you nailed it and Im amazed that that you were able to from the quality of these tapes. Some memories: at the end of Casey Jones for the cresendo, the roadcrew released about a dozen fire estinguishers that sent a slow rolling clous of co2 over the crowed and air conditioned the stadium on a ver hot night. Then during the break little 3x5 pieces of paper were sent throught the crowd (alledegedly from the road crew and alledgedly Owsleys finest ) with the verbal instructions to "rip off a piece you thin you can handle" . All I can say is that by the time intermission was over my friends and I were in orbit on the cleanest trip I ever had. Then the second set opened up and fireworks were set off behind the stage and Happy Birthday Jerry fireworks were lit off around the upper deck of the stadium. Jerry's birthday party was on and thats what you all hear in this music. A VERY special show indeed, I just wish you all could have been there."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails