Thursday 18 March 2010

NEW SINGLE: Goldfrapp - ROCKET (2010)


I really enjoyed Goldfrapp's last album, 'Seventh Tree' and after hearing this new track off forthcoming album 'HEAD FIRST', I'm really looking forward to hearing it! This track reminds me of Van Halen's 'Jump', mixed with a little Pointer Sisters ('Jump' or 'I'm So Excited') and could've quite easily been on Flash FM on the Vice City soundtrack for Grand Theft Auto alongside Laura Branigan's 'Self Control'. The track really makes me want to go out on a long power walk, or head for Miami in a white suit (sleeves rolled up and gold chain/watch) and cruise the night beneath the flickering neon lights. It'd also probably make a perfect song for a montage in a film ('Flashdance'). The album is out 22nd March on Mute. Check out the awesome music video below!

Play Rocket in Spotify (including remixes)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails