Tuesday 30 March 2010

New Sage Francis track!


Sage Francis is due to release 'LI(F)E' on 11th May and I just came across 'Slow Man' over on 2DopeBoyz.

"The song is a unique collaboration originating from a musical composition by Arizona based Tex-Mex, alt-country rockers Calexico. The music was subsequently arranged by lyricist Francis and recorded in studio by Jim Becker and Tim Rutili of experimental folk ensemble Califone under the guidance of producer Brian Deck (Modest Mouse, Iron & Wine, Gomez)."

Sage had this to say on the song:
"This song went through quite the journey before it became the official version people are now hearing.” Francis explains. “It’s been over a decade ago since I had my short stint as a resident of Brooklyn, NY but much of the song has me reflecting back on that time, applying it to my current living situation. I’m not sure if it was because of the energy of that city or because I was still young and impressionable, but it definitely made its impact. Everything between now and then seems like a blur, but of course back then nothing was moving fast enough for me. The slow man likes to hurry up and wait."  
 Sage Francis - Slow Man

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails