Sunday 7 February 2010

Nas - Nasty Nas Demo Tape (1991)


As you may have noticed, I've been listening to a lot of hip-hop recently and it's been nice reminiscing and revisiting old favourites, as well as discovering new stuff. Joining the list of new stuff is Nas' demo tape from 1991, when he went by the name Nasty Nas. I own every Nas album and he's always been one of my favourite rappers and artists, but although I'd heard of this before, I'd never got round to hearing it. I came across it over on Kevin Nottingham's awesome blog and it has some really great tracks on it, such as 'Life Is Like a Dice Game' and the classic 'Deja Vu', which has achieved somewhat of a cult status over the years. All of the songs are on You Tube, if you'd prefer not to download it, but the download is available on Kevin Nottingham's if you're interested.

EDIT: I found another slightly different and maybe better version here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ER6JF9C5, as the other one was missing a few tracks. This one also includes Nas' first appearance, on Main Source's 'Live at the BBQ' and MC Serch's 'Back to the Grill'.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails