Sunday 20 December 2009

DJ Muggs vs Gza - Grandmasters

As it's been snowing a lot this past week I thought I'd play something that reminded me of previous winters. This album reminds me of Winter 2005 and cruising round in my friend's car in the snow back in Manchester. By the end of the night we'd slammed into a curb and dented his bumper. This album will always remind me of that night and Christmas and it has a really great late night atmosphere to it that goes perfectly with orange-tinted wintery nights out in the snow.

"Chess is the ultimate board game. Monopoly is not in its league and Checkers doesn’t compare at all. It’s civilized war. It’s a mathematical thing, its science, and it’s strategy. That’s life all the time. Just planning your day, being ten steps ahead and seeing the moves ahead. That’s what chess is about."
Gza/The Genius




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails